Twitter

Monday 2 June 2014

A Lady's age #Joke

ATTORNEY: The Defence calls Mrs Winterbottom to the stand.

JUDGE: Very well, Mrs Winterbottom can come forward to take the oath.

A short pause.

CLERK OF THE COURT: Madam, please state your name and age for the record.

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: My name is Lucinda Winterbottom, and as for my age, young man, that is none of your concern. Don't you know that it is impolite to ask a lady about her age?

CLERK: I'm sorry, Madam, but it is a requirement that you state your age.

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: Young man, I don't care much for any 'requirement' which compels a Lady to reveal her age against her will.

JUDGE (intervening): Madam, it is my duty to inform you that the Clerk of the Court is quite correct. It is required of all witnesses to state their name and age. If you fail to comply, you will be held in contempt of Court. Do you understand me?

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: Yes, my Lord

JUDGE: You seem to be very hesitant. Are you sure you understand?

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: I do, my Lord.

JUDGE: Then why is it that you still appear to be in great doubt?

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: I apologise, my Lord, I was just wondering about something.

JUDGE (sighing): And what, pray tell, were you were wondering about?

MRS WINTERBOTTOM: If your Lordship tells me that I am required to state my age, then as an upstanding citizen of this community, I shall of course do so. But if it please the Court, I'd like to be certain that when I do state my age, it is before I take the oath.

#Joke
#Humour
#Humor

No comments:

Post a Comment