Twitter

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Midnight from Coldplay's forthcoming album is a sonic mindblast!

In the darkness, before the dawn...
In the swirling of the storm
When I'm rolling with the punches and hope is gone
Leave a light, a light on...

Millions of miles from home...
In the swirling, swimming on
When I'm rolling with the thunder
but bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on......
Leave a light, a light on....

Midnight by Coldplay (out now!)

GHOST STORIES 19 MAY 2014
 
It's been a while since I have listened to a new song over and over again like I often did when I was younger. I've enjoyed Coldplay's forays into different sound experiences, but nothing they have done before has elicited such a sense of excitement in me about a new & forthcoming album for a long long time.
 
The track features haunting synth / vocoder infused lyrics which sound a little 80-s retro & futuristic all at the same time. Then there's a brief dance type interlude before the synth vocals return for a final blast. If the band opened a Concert with this song, I would go bonkers.
As it stands there's a video on ITunes using a portion of this song as teaser. I want that album and I want it now. Patience may be a virgin, but I am not! The link to the teaser follows below. Watch it. You should be transported.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment