Twitter

Monday 26 May 2014

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM A GUEST FROM HELL

RSVP LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM INVITED GUEST TO THE HOST.




“Dear Sir
 
Your even dated invitation to me refers.
 
Let it be known in applicable polite circles that I hereby irrevocably declare my intention to present my good self in no uncertain manner at the Friday Soiree to which I have so graciously been invited.

I apologise in advance for any bad language, misconduct, drunkenness, lewdness or pillage which may be unjustly attributed to my person, and I trust that any damage which I, in my youthful exuberance, may cause to the venue, will be attributed to the resident dog, who I am reliably informed, already has a broken door to answer for.

 

Should the magnitude of the offence caused or the extent of the damage wrought result in an unwitting articulation of a spontaneous apology, such apology, even if expressed with more Claret than clarity, should be deemed to have been tendered strictly on an ex gratia basis and without any admission of liability.”
 
This is when the host, in anticipation, considers it wise  to remind himself to constantly refer to that guest as "someone my wife thought fit to invite."
 
 (C) Siegfried Walther 2008. Author of IN GUARDS WE TRUST & AIR CRASH SA 252 available worldwide in fine eBook stores. The former novel is temporarily available without charge as part of limited offer promotion.

#royalty #parties

No comments:

Post a Comment